It’s December 12, 2012, and we ought to celebrate! You know we won’t experience the good fortune of a matching number month-day-year again until next century (and I fear I won’t be around to enjoy that one). So…
- Eat a dozen donuts for breakfast.
- Use the word twelve in every conversation you have today.
- Run twelve miles… or twelve minutes.
- Spend twelve dollars on a gift and give it to the twelfth person you see today.
- Memorize the names of the twelve apostles — or if you’re Jewish perhaps the twelve tribes of Israel (are Jews any more likely to have memorized the twelve tribes than Christians are the twelve apostles?).
- Have a moment of silence at 12:12 (the one that hasn’t happened yet) in order to reflect on this rare occasion.
I don’t care much what you do. But do something! Celebrate this twelfth day of the twelfth month of the twelfth year in this century. And if you do indeed decide to celebrate, leave a comment telling us all what you’re doing.
Oh, what’s that? What am I doing on 12-12-12? Well, for starters I’m offering you guys… Continue reading