- For a child to be an extension of your own flesh and blood.
- To experience the miracle of birth.
- Being witness to the first chuckle and the first time she sits up on her own.
- Realizing your daughter now not only recognizes your face, but even your voice.
- Finding that she smiles every time you enter the room.
These blessings have brought me incredible joy, far beyond anything I deserve.
And the experiences below, well… they’re different, because you’re not just witness to them. Rather, they are hard and tangible evidence that you are the greatest object of another individual’s affection, that you are wanted and needed, that you are indeed indispensable in the life of another:
- Having your daughter love you so much that she cries when you leave the room.
- Knowing that your child at times longs to be held only by you.
- And that during those times, there is not one other individual on earth whose touch would calm her.
These things I can’t even begin to describe.
No seriously, I can’t… because I have no idea how great that would be. You’ll have to ask Christie about them. The favorite. Ask her if you want to know.