Pornography revenues are down 80% over the last 3 years… which sounds like great news. And may very well be. But it’s likely this decline has little to do with morality — and is more due to our culture’s refusal to pay for sex and porn these days; there’s just so much out there for free. So we’re seeing a lower morality actually drop porn consumption. Ironic. Tim Challies writes all about it in this essay on why sex just isn’t selling these days.
It’s incredibly unlikely, I suppose, that any one individual or group understands correctly who exactly is going to heaven and who is indeed going to hell. Yet we constantly attempt to draw these lines. Richard Beck looks at Type I and Type II errors in reading trends in data sets, and suggests he finds in them a major difference between “conservative” and “liberal” churches.
An info-graphic about just what the title would suggest. Recommended intake, calories consumed, calories burned, etc, etc.
This just in. Those NCAA schools which spend the most money on their football programs win the most games. That’s why Ole Miss shouldn’t complain quite so much about their record this season. They come in at #63 in spending. And I’ll bet you can guess who the other low-spenders in the SEC are. That’s right: Mississippi State, Vanderbilt, and Kentucky join the Rebels to round out the bottom four.
Yep, a website completely devoted to Les Miles’ ridiculous and nonsensical quotes. If you’re not an LSU fan, you’ll love this site. If you are, you’ll hang your head in shame. Just a quick sampling:
- “Louisiana has a heritage of great players that play their high school football within the boundaries of Louisiana.”
- “I can only tell you that the only fit to me for those players on this campus is extremely good.”
- “That advantage when you’re a team that provides great opportunities and also an opportunity to play for a national championship is, in this state, a tremendous advantage for us.”
- “There’s still a lot of football to play for and a lot of football left.”
- “As soon as we know exactly who we are playing and what date we will be playing on, the schedule will become more finite.”
- “This year it was a nice pass that was underneath the coverage that Brandon LaFell interpreted to be a touchdown.”
Apparently, there’s some instruction needed these days on how NOT to use a public restroom. This sign’ll do just the job.