We’re coming back to the states for a visit! And we’re really excited about it.
Here are just a few of the things we’re most looking forward to:
(above image courtesy of wisconsin techsearch)
- You all finally getting to meet Baylor Adelaide Harrison.
- Family and Friends
- Diet Dr. Pepper (Brett)
- Sonic (Christie)
- Worshiping with lots of people… in English.
- Running races and triathlons (Brett)
- Tender cuts of meat that don’t taste like fish (especially Christie)
- Dryers (Christie)
- Convenience in all things
- Playgrounds (Baylor)
- Babysitters (Brett AND Christie)
Below is a furlough calendar of sorts — where we’ll be and when. Send us an email if you’d like to get together (or you might get one from us soon):
- Aug 1-8 – Time with our immediate families
- Aug 9-17 – Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Aug 14, worship with Stones River Church
- Aug 18-28 – Fort Myers, Florida — Tropical Agriculture Class (Brett only)
- Aug 18-28 – Richmond, Virginia (Christie and Baylor)
- Aug 29 -Sep 17 – Richmond, Virginia (all of us)
- Sep 4, worship with Three Chopt Church
- Sep 18-24 – ? Traveling to Alabama
- Sep 24, Florida Atlantic at Auburn
- Sep 25 – Oct 5 – Dothan, Alabama
- Oct 6-10 – Andalusia, Alabama
- Oct 9, worship with Cedar Grove Church
- Oct 15-16 – Daingerfield, Texas
- Oct 16, worship with Daingerfield Church
- Oct 17-22 – Dallas(ish), Texas
- Oct 19-22, Global Missions Conference
- Oct 23-25 – Abilene, Texas
- Oct 26-29 – San Antonio, Texas
- Oct 30 – Nov 2 – Searcy, Arkansas
- Nov 3-10 – Dothan, Alabama
- Nov 4-5, National Peanut Festival
- Nov 6, worship with Westgate Church
- Nov 11-17 – Murfreesboro, Tennessee
- Nov 12, Huntsville 1/2 Marathon
- Nov 13, worship with Stones River Church
And here is a list of ways in which you might can help us while we’re home. Please email if you can loan us one of these items, supply for us one of these services, or know of a way we could get them for cheap:
Baylor needs to see a pediatrician.
- Brett and Baylor need to see a dermatologist.
Christie (or maybe all of us) needs to see a dentist. Baylor needs to borrow a forward-facing toddler car-seat. Baylor also needs to borrow a Pack-n-Play.
- Brett is looking to borrow a road or triathlon bike (between sizes 58-62cm) — or to buy a cyclocross bike for cheap. He’s ultimately trying to find a way to sell his road and mountain bikes (in Tanzania or Rwanda) so he can buy a cyclocross bike to replace them both. But he also wants to race a couple of triathlons during furlough.
- Brett also would like to borrow a trunk-mount bike rack.
- We’re also still looking for sponsors for Brett to take a Tropical Agriculture Development course through ECHO.
- Class registration = $545
- Plane ticket = $300